IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Sponsored Events > IH Sierra Fall Rallye
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

View Poll Results: Should the IH Sierra Fall Rallye move to a new location?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
Plug Ugly

Member Number: 571
Default Re: IHSFR 2014 - Should we move? Poll inside.

There arent many venues that would allow for a 2 night ralleye that would offer nice camping, shade, and a scenic area along 80 or 5. You might be able to do it at cisco grove, but that would be just as far as lfr for anyone outside the sac area.

Personally, I think lfr is pretty nice for a fair price. I dont know many places I can get hook ups for under mid 30 bucks. Maybe I need to start looking harder.

It seems like you have to consider changing the entire event, from a family, weekend getaway centered on IH to a one day event...........
Plug Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
Crowfeeder

Member Number: 3893

To be clear, I have no interest in making major changes to the format of the rallye. I have limited knowledge of any possible location for the future rallyes. I will be happy to be involved no matter where it is. Thant said; in my opinion lfr seems to be a little too remote.

1974 Scout II

1968 Scout 800 Future Wheeler

Jim

Hope is not a course of action!
Crowfeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
Scooter

Member Number: 917

I haven't voted yet, due to the miss fortune of not being able to go. But I am curious though. Isn't the winter fun fest in January up in that are somewhere? I haven't been to that event in a few years either. But from what I recall I think it was at the fair grounds in gras valley. Seemed ok for the few times that I was there for that event
74 Scout II - Barrel Rolled - Rest in peace
72 Scout II = SOLD
51 Studebaker pickup - A non running project. Slowly in the works
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
jchazen

Member Number: 5841

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I haven't voted yet, due to the miss fortune of not being able to go. But I am curious though. Isn't the winter fun fest in January up in that are somewhere? I haven't been to that event in a few years either. But from what I recall I think it was at the fair grounds in gras valley. Seemed ok for the few times that I was there for that event
Yes it's at the fair grounds
jchazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
Scoutmaster1

Member Number: 350

My vote is to move it to coloma, CA. If you want to keep us all in one area for night time events too, this place has it all. Cabins, rv, tent, pull in sites for up to 40 foot rv, no pull through. Catering looks good too, full outdoor kitchen a few paces from your sites. home | coloma resort American river camping It's about 25 minutes from placerville or 35 minutes from Auburn. This is where gold was discovered in CA. The great gold rush started here. Georgetown and rubicon trail are just around the corner, lot's to see and a river setting. They have tons of cabins and bunkhouses and are building a few more this winter.
Cost to use facility is nothing if we use them for catering and housing.

Nc fairgrounds-prices for rv and tent are fair, bathrooms and shower facilities are worse than lfr on cleanliness scale. Cost to rent and insure facility is also very high. No central hangout if you are between fairgrounds and hotels.
Scoutmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Lyle Wiese

Member Number: 360

Though we have missed the last two years, we had decided when we return, hopefully next year, to stay in a hotel in Grass Valley.

The cabins at lfr are overpriced for what you get. The beds were not comfortable at all.

I can't speak to the lake front show grounds, but the grass field would get quite warm during the day.

Finding a new venue is difficult; IHSTO considered it for the bee when powerland started charging rent for the grounds but found there was nothing to compare to what we had at powerland.

Good luck with your search whether you decide to move the show or not.

Lyle
Old 10-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Scouty

Member Number: 8

I like the lfr camping/cabin setup, it lends itself to evening strolls from camp to camp to hangout with folks I only get to see a couple of times a year. My only concern with moving to a place with hotels nearby would be that it would jeopardize the evening get togethers. Lfr provides low budget accommodations in close proximity to comfortable cabins for the wives and kids. The coloma resort looks like it might have the same type of mixed accommodations lfr has. I also like that it is closer to the rubicon for those wanting decent nearby wheeling. The other positive of lfr is the clean bathrooms and showers, would hope the new venue would have something similar.

73 Scout II
74 Scout II
Scouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
Doc Stewart
IH Guru

Member Number: 656

The cloma web site shows not fields for our games and show. I've never been there but that would bear investigation.
I would be happy to do the investigation....
Doc Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #24
Plug Ugly

Member Number: 571

Ive been there. No fields that I recall. There is some sort of state park across the river from them, but I dont recall a big area.
Plug Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1

Thank you thus far for your input. I do appreciate it and it helps to see where some of you would like to see changed for next year.

We checked out coloma last year. If we are trying to address cost(when it comes to cabin/camping spots) and location the coloma resort does not do us any better than lfr. Plus as mentioned there is no area for games. I have yet to talk with the folks at the Nevada County fairgrounds as I did want to see your input first. Biggest problem facing us when it comes to the fairgrounds is cost to use the facility(cjm productions wise).

Please continue to discuss and if you haven't voted in the poll please do so.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #26
NewcScout

Member Number: 2748

As a guy that can really only make this a day trip event, dobbins is a little far.

Further down the hill would be great. Even to the gv fairgrounds. Auburn would be even better.

Nebraska - might be too farů.. And I'm a husker!!!!
NewcScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #27
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1

Thank you all for the feedback.

Update - yesterday I did take over a filled out application to the fairgrounds and spoke with amy the person in charge of facility rentals. She will be taking the application with her to the monthly board meeting in about a week and half to discuss with the board members. If we can get the part of the facility that would suite our needs and keep it in budget then this May just happen. I did walk the area in question and there is more than enough room for us to have this show.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
ronmc1954

Member Number: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpartsjeff View Post
thank you all for the feedback.

Update - yesterday I did take over a filled out application to the fairgrounds and spoke with amy the person in charge of facility rentals. She will be taking the application with her to the monthly board meeting in about a week and half to discuss with the board members. If we can get the part of the facility that would suite our needs and keep it in budget then this May just happen. I did walk the area in question and there is more than enough room for us to have this show.
I guess nebraska did not get many votes

1975 Scout11
1974 Scout11
1965 1 ton IH Pickup (sold)
ronmc1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
Erik VanRenselaar

Member Number: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpartsjeff View Post
thank you all for the feedback.

Well, that gives them close to a year to clean and fix-up the restroom and shower facilities... If not, I would still have the option of cruising down the road a few miles to use the facilities at my mother-in-law's house.