IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #31
Bill Bennett

Member Number: 747
Default Re: 1964 Travelall and 1967 Travelette All Wheel Drive's

Did you check the top side of the driver side sun visor?
Bill Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #32
jeff campbell

Member Number: 39

I even found 1 on the passenger door a piller, in between the hinges, Jeff
jeff campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #33
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Member Number: 543

Thanks for the location ideas. Pretty much looked in all of the places mentioned here + a few others.. No dice.

good so far on the t-ette.
Super clean interior
straight body
runs and drives remarkably well using the e-brake only on the airport around the hanger.
Floors are rusty under the carpet but as far as I can see no holes.
All electrics seem to function.
Steering very tight.
No leaks what so ever.
Lifters very quiet.
Coolant still good and green.
Have camper jacks and am making mounts to attach to under edge of camper. ($500.00 set of 4 new).

Bad for the t-ette.
Camper.
Mild cowel rust through around the vent tubes under dash.
Small amount of drip rail rust.
Camper.
Has/had brake leak in front system.
Service bed.
No good pu bed available yet.
Did I mention camper.................

People preach " Don't over think life, just go where it takes you". But I can't help but think of the Wise Ancient Mariner who looks toward the horizon for any sign of storm clouds.
Robert Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #34
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Mounted the jack adapters/mounts and we have lift off..

Didn't know that there were 4 bolts through the floor that held the camper in.

sounds like 87kg is going to be in la verne to pick it up today about 1-2 pm.. Will be nice to have thetruck freed from the extra weight so I can get on with fixing the brake issue and what ever else May turn up.

Name:  IMG_1041.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1043.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  51.8 KB

People preach " Don't over think life, just go where it takes you". But I can't help but think of the Wise Ancient Mariner who looks toward the horizon for any sign of storm clouds.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
Plug Ugly

Member Number: 571

I have much want for the t-ette.
Plug Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #36
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

No camper any more. 87king came out from az and picked it up.
The t-ette looks way different in a good way.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #37
87king

Member Number: 5993

The camper made it home with me safe and smoothly, the trip went excellent and the camper did great all the way home. It didn't even move a inch lol thanks again buddy for everything and waiting for me running late as usaul I am super excited to have it and start fixing up the little things in it. Its plenty big enough for me and my girlfriend it would of been funny to video us standing around thinking uhhhh hows it going to fit on any thing lol but we got it. Today after work cleaning begins
87king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #38
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

I'm happy you wanted and were willing to come get it... Hope it is what you needed and can get it acceptably mounted on your IH.

When you are done with the camper jacks let me know and I'll give you the address to ship them back to..
Then will end up being a body off lift/rack for cars or trucks...
I snapped a photo as you pulled away.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #39
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

I tore in to t-ette's brakes, master cylinder was done and leaking so I got a kit and went about rebuilding it. A bit of pitting so I might need a new one if it still leaks.
Pulled the wheels and drums (impact tool to loosen the 3 retainer screws on the drums. The brake shoes and cylinders are great no leakages evident. Drums measure a bit under 12" so they are good...
I like the orange drums. The last owner liked to paint things bright colors.

The rears are a different story. some one ran them to the rivets and the grooves are ground super deep and I'll need to source drums. Think I found a possible limited source (Ismail brother) but he needs to remove a few and check condition. I think he'll come through. Wheel cylinders are toast too. Have all of the parts I need on the way so hope to make progress this weekend..

The clutch master is leaking too, need to disassemble to see if there are any pits in that bore. If so Jeff has a brand new replacement.

Pictures later got to go eat diner's ready!!
Name:  DSCN0002 (Medium).jpg
Views: 572
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  DSCN0006 (Medium).jpg
Views: 606
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  DSCN0008 (Medium).jpg
Views: 592
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  DSCN0009 (Medium).jpg
Views: 590
Size:  66.3 KB

Old 10-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #40
87king

If you need drum repair I can get it done for you, but shipping those suckers would be a bear! I hate finding neglect off service like that great picture by the way.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #41
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Thanks for the offer king
I'm not sure I could trust a redo of the braking surface. I can see how one might go about replacing the missing metal but I don't se a commercially offered service to do it.. To me that means it is not super safe..

I think I have a source for used ones. Beyond that I also think I have a way to create new drums that will work.. Basically use a common and available drum and modify/finesse it to fit the IH application.. I'll see after I get my rig back on the road.

How's the camper doing?

Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #42
87king

Ohhh no I don't do them at napa or anything or nor could I lol but fleetpride heavy duty truck repair and parts do them down here. They do them for buses and older cars like ours and custom lol I don't know if that's really commercial or if there's one in cali to check out. The one I go through is a complete shop they own allot of shops that were in phoenix. Its quite the process. Almost like resleeving wheel cylinders and master cylinders which they do to lol
I know when they sleeve the drum they have to have the shoe to make the brake friction material thickness match the new dimension off the drum and inside diameter. Soo its like getting brand new brakes but with the drum work and relining off shoes its gets pricey quick! Still a used good drum is hard to beat any day and is the way to go!!

I am working super hard at the store resources in my free time to come up with parts to fit up available drums to our trucks and front disk brakes. Right now I am finding a kingpin size on a 1942 k6 for a guy to be reamed at fleetpride to accept Ford outer knuckles for disk brakes but my goal one day is to retain stock axles but find the parts that ll fit and cross reference until it works with minor tweaking to it. Thats my hope anyways and then give all that info to Jeff to help everyone out.

I am going to start a thread on it, termites killed the bottom so I have to redo that and the bed area first thing, il post pics on my thread off it finally got my apartment so iv been so busy I can hardly rest for a minute lol
Old 10-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #43
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

I called the fleetpride in phoenix and they don't rebuild drums. Don't think anyone does..

Old 10-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #44
overdrivesteve

Member Number: 5094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert kenney View Post
I called the fleetpride in phoenix and they don't rebuild drums. Don't think anyone does..
Hi,

here's a place that rebuilds both aluminum and cast iron brake drums, but have no idea how much they charge.

jg brake drum relining and refurbishing

Their web site implies they only do sports cars but I'm sure somewhere in one of the forums I read someone had their IH vehicle done by them.

Steve

Last edited by overdrivesteve; 10-07-2013 at 08:12 PM..
overdrivesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #45
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrivesteve View Post
hi,

here's a place that rebuilds both aluminum and cast iron brake drums, but have no idea how much they charge.

jg brake drum relining and refurbishing

Their web site implies they only do sports cars but I'm sure somewhere in one of the forums I read someone had their IH vehicle done by them.

Steve
Thanks for the link. I called them and they feel reasonably certain they can sleeve these drums. The price is a bunch of green + shipping both directions.
I'm going to hold out and see what the used market comes up with.. I might end up going that route if nothing good pops up.