IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #15
Tahoedonner

Member Number: 2382
Default Re: Project Karma

Just as I had all my cooling issues ironed out and took the truck on a 30 mile drive I decided it was time to make her inoperable again. I had a decent leak coming from the t case and didn't have the confidence in taking the truck long distances until I resealed it. It was pretty much leaking out of every orifice. Also wanted to know if the seal between t case and transmission was leaking. Pulled it out, ground off at least 3 inches of crud from all sides, pulled it all apart, and put it back together. Was a relatively easy deal. While the t case was out it was the perfect time to change out the transmission mount and clean/paint the crossmember. Old one was about as bad as it could get. Picked up an rpt transmission mount from IH parts awhile back. Seal between t case and transmission wasn't leaking for the first couple days but after I replaced the trans mount I noticed the next morning it had started to leak. Glad it took me so long to clean, paint and reseal the damn thing.

Trans mount old and new

T case old and new

Attached Images

'79 Scout II, 345, Work in progress

Build Thread: http://www.ihpartsamerica.com/forums...ect-karma.html

'72 Scout II, no engine/trans, new from Scooter
Tahoedonner is offline   Reply With Quote