IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Sponsored Events > Great Western Binder Bee
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 07-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
scoutdude80

Member Number: 217
Default Re: Great Western Binder Bee 2009 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle wiese View Post
pete's Scout
Nice truck
scoutdude80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #47
wbrent7766

Member Number: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael mayben View Post
thanks!

I wasn't sure if his was the orange one or the blue one!

Is pete's rig the one with the 4.3 v6 swapped in?? Or was that the orange one?? They are both superb rides!!!
Pete's rig was a 304, the red and white one had the v-6.

I just wanted to chime in and say a big thanks to the crew that worked so hard to make the bee great. I am already looking forward to next year.

I got a lot of stares on my way home Sunday. It might have been because I was driving on I-5 in a monsoon and the top was off. If I do that again I think I will install wipers on the inside of the windshield too.
wbrent7766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #48
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrent7766 View Post
pete's rig was a 304, the red and white one had the v-6.

I just wanted to chime in and say a big thanks to the crew that worked so hard to make the bee great. I am already looking forward to next year.

I got a lot of stares on my way home Sunday. It might have been because I was driving on I-5 in a monsoon and the top was off. If I do that again I think I will install wipers on the inside of the windshield too.
Thanks for the pat wes! And thank you for helping out!

It don't rain in orygone in July...you confused??? We were too!!! Them thunderboomers up on the roth hilltop were severe while we waited for ken and mendomikee to return from knockin' back that bottle with mr. Martin! Thirteen of us made the trek over there after the show to wait for 'em, then everyone took the backroads down here for the rest of the pardee!

Now I really feel like a bigger fool than I am! I just found the bee registrations so's I can match names/rides/faces and pete is a dam neighbor of ours and we've never connected! Hell...he lives right close to sonja off the north side of the river and up tha crick!!! He must keep that 800 in his bedroom under glass!!!

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #49
Lyle Wiese

Member Number: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael mayben View Post
thanks for the pat wes! And thank you for helping out!

It don't rain in orygone in July...you confused??? We were too!!! Them thunderboomers up on the roth hilltop were severe while we waited for ken and mendomikee to return from knockin' back that bottle with mr. Martin! Thirteen of us made the trek over there after the show to wait for 'em, then everyone took the backroads down here for the rest of the pardee!

Now I really feel like a bigger fool than I am! I just found the bee registrations so's I can match names/rides/faces and pete is a dam neighbor of ours and we've never connected! Hell...he lives right close to sonja off the north side of the river and up tha crick!!! He must keep that 800 in his bedroom under glass!!!
And while everyone else was enjoying the after-party at the roth's we were making our second trip to powerland to retrieve the mobile camper. It started to rain when we left oc a little after 4pm. The rain increased the more we traveled south on I-5. We also were marveling at all the slow traffic north bound. We pulled into powerland when bill b from Colorado was just leaving after returning from the trail ride. He was headed for sandy, so we cautioned him to avoid I-5 and take 99e to oregon city instead. I hope it worked out for him. When we left powerland, I was listening to the cb and the backup was 30 miles long and most of the truckers were headed to 99-e. At this point the traffic on I-5 was stopped!! We headed south on 99 and cut over to silverton and home from there. Not a bit of traffic and the rain let up, too. Quite and adventure after a great weekend.

Lyle
Old 07-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #50
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

Member Number: 7

Had a great time till we left.
I blame jim. Not only did he tell me about harbor frieght just south on 5 but he gave me a discount coupon.
so after 2 hours in hf and another hour eating an early dinner at sizzler....guess what we hit going north!!!
So I guess I blame the wife for making me go to sizzler.

hoping to make the sierra meet next.
Bill USN-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #51
Scoutboy74

Member Number: 453

Bill, it was great meeting you...and your wife leslie really went above and beyond the call of duty getting my air mattress inflated with your onboard air setup and then trying to shove it into my tent. She's a character. Your bee neighbor.

Coal Trickle - '99 Dodge Ram 2500 Q-Cab SWB 4x4 - 5.9L 24V CTD/NV4500
Hooty - '74 SII - 392/TF727/D20/3.73 D44's/Spartan FA/Krac-lok RA/RC 4" SUA/34x10.5 TSLs/33g Fuel/HFT 8k winch
Mongo - '71 1210 Std Cab 2WD - 345/TF727/RA17 D60 4.10 Trac-lok - "Mongo love candy! Duh, huh, huh!"
Scoutboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #52
RobertC

Member Number: 517

Thanks for all the work done by the people to put on the bee.

On sun, met my wife in downtown salem and had lunch.

Managed to find my way back to i5 and headed south.

Ran into light rain -- looked like people going north were "slower".

Took 34 / 20 (albany / corvallis) over the mountains to the coast (101) at newport (varying amounts of rain) and headed south.

Stopped at hecata head lighthouse and walked up to the lighthouse (about 5pm). While starring at the ocean, I lucked out and saw two whales that spouted and we watched for 15 - 20 minutes and saw more spouts. Checked the internet on returning home and found a post where fin whales come in close to shore at high tide at hecata head to rub barnacles off their skin on the rocks. Also, found an article where a dead fin whale washed ashore at hecata head and was buried on the beach in March.

Continued on to florence, or and stopped for the night -- knowing that Monday would be a long day (to get home in the sf bay area).

On the road around 8:30 am and made it home around 7:30 pm. "too hot" (relative, I know) south of garberville (no a/c), but we perservered.
RobertC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #53
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

Member Number: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutboy74 View Post
bill, it was great meeting you...and your wife leslie really went above and beyond the call of duty getting my air mattress inflated with your onboard air setup and then trying to shove it into my tent. She's a character. Your bee neighbor.
Trevor,
it was good meeting all the fwb clan.
I was expecting some late night obw trials from you party animals. But you youngsters turned in early.
Bill USN-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #54
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill usn-1 View Post
trevor,
it was good meeting all the fwb clan.
I was expecting some late night obw trials from you party animals. But you youngsters turned in early.
Yeah...they turned in early! They were excited. That is why they are the fw "boys"...their fw "Dad" ran their butts off!

They'd jes' finished scruuin' me out of that bombproof sii tie rod and when they walked away for the nite after sailor jerry hollr'd lights out, they were scramblin' to figgr out who got to sleep with it first.

If I'd hadda pipe cutter with me, they woulda cut the sumbitch into three pieces so each could sleep soundly with their new best friends.

I gotta buncha junk carbamixers outta the deal and a 18 pak of cambo's easter aygs that was workin' on bein' thousand year old versions. Made abatcha tater n' ayg tacos yesterday, when I popped them aygs open all of a sudden we wuz in the chikin bizz. So I ended up with fired chikin an tater tacos insteada aygs.

Bill and leslie shore got initiated into the dark side of IHSTO alright, nobody told yawl that the fwb scruus are supposed to always maintain a perimeter of at least 50ft. Of their camp with Bob wire to keep 'em in!

You sure the only thang trever needed blowed up was an air mattress??? When he takes residence here he has a whole blow-up family that comes along, even a longhair chihuahua/pit cross. Wish I had pics of all them fwb scruus camped in my office one nite! Only johnboy is anywhere close ta what most of us consider "normal"...that's just 'cause he feels sorry for the other two since nobody else will play with 'em.

http://vimeo.com/8149690

Last edited by Michael Mayben; 07-19-2009 at 10:40 AM..
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #55
Scoutboy74

Member Number: 453

Good clean livin' fellers. That's what the fwbeez is all about. I wuz all set tuh howl at the moon with jerry, but them other fwbeez wound up od'in on gerri-tall instead! After playin' hide-n-seek with a chupacabra fer awhile, I wuz plum tuckered out, so it wuz time tuh surf-ski my fully inflated kalifornia king size air mattress into my .5 man tent.
That wuz purdy slick how we glommed ontuh that purdy tierod. Jes a few junkerators and sum poached aygs wuz all it took tuh seal the deal. Ya gota wake up purdy early in tha mornin' tuh out trade jerry and the fwbeez!
Hope ya liked them fossil aygs mayben, cuz the rest of yer annual supply iz set fer speshul delivery this September!

Coal Trickle - '99 Dodge Ram 2500 Q-Cab SWB 4x4 - 5.9L 24V CTD/NV4500
Hooty - '74 SII - 392/TF727/D20/3.73 D44's/Spartan FA/Krac-lok RA/RC 4" SUA/34x10.5 TSLs/33g Fuel/HFT 8k winch
Mongo - '71 1210 Std Cab 2WD - 345/TF727/RA17 D60 4.10 Trac-lok - "Mongo love candy! Duh, huh, huh!"
Scoutboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #56
Greg R

Member Number: 527

Gawd you boyz is funny
now all is raight with my wurld,
and I kin get a good rest fer work tomorrow.
Greg R is offline   Reply With Quote