IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Fabrication
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 02-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
Nick87080

Member Number: 3526
Default Scoutco LS motor mounts

Hey Jeff or Chad, I was reading on binder planet that you were installing/testing Scoutco motor mounts for Chevy ls swap back in May I think. My questions are did you take pics like a normal (awsome) build up that you do? How do they hold up/ do you feel alot of vibration from motor? And last question would you use them again? I am asking because I respect and admire the quality of work you do.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1
Default Re: Scoutco LS motor mounts

Yes we do have some pictures but have yet to post the build online. Can't comment on how they hold up since its such a new product. As for the vibration question I will know more once we complete our second install(which is any day now). Our first install was flawed by a poorly balanced engine hence why I need to experience more feedback before I can comment further.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
Nick87080

Member Number: 3526

Ok thanks for quick reply. Can't wait for new build pics, they are great for motivation to get off my butt and get my project going.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
Mike Moore

Member Number: 912

Can I reply? seriously, if IHPA folks need to edit or whatever, I get it...do what you must!

We have done 6 swaps at this point at Scoutco. Only a couple are with the mounts we have decided upon, though...the first several were "engineering mules" to get us to this point, lol. I can say that there is no vibration with any that we have done, no matter which mount style we used. The poly mounts we are selling seem to be good pieces, and seem to be holding up well after a few miles, but we haven't got crazy miles on any of them. Jeff drove one of the 5.3 swaps we did a few weeks ago in charlotte, and from what he said to me was impressed with the lack of vibration. I uploaded a video onto facebook (ls Scout.com -the website is under construction, but facebook page is functional!) with a glass of water sitting on the cowl with a slow-to-5,000 rpm rev, showing no vibration...and Jeff can attest to what he felt in his behind when he drove it. All that said, Scoutco (much like IHPA) will stand behind what we sell. Get it, if you aren't happy with it, we'll make it right!
Mike Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
Craig

Member Number: 5

That's cool for those looking to go modern. I own a 5.3 in my burb, while its a nice motor I would think a Scout would be better off with the 6.0 or 8.1

at least with the 8.1 you could keep the mileage the same

if I were to do a swap with any of my trucks it would be the 8.1 its not like I drive it to work everyday and the power would be nice.

Edit: since I have a Jeff built IH motor I will need to wear it out first. It might out live me if it last 30 years

Last edited by Craig; 04-28-2015 at 09:57 PM..
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote