IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 11-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #31
71mtnscout

Member Number: 1369
Default Re: An Expedition Scout

The hard work is done on the "poormans" lift now and I'm pleased with the results....

before

and after

The frame plates need to be trimmed and finished welded but are welded to the factory brackets on the inside. If I were to do this again I would move the new mounting location 3/8" forward, or rearward depending on the location, to push the spring out a little more for more shackle angle, especially for the rear. I expect the rear shackle angle to be better when done cause there isnt any load on the rear right now and there will be gear in the bed when used. I replaced the rear springs with ones that I had that were just in better condition and had a little more arch to them....thus the slight "stink-bug" stance.

I also installed 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear since the Waggy 44 was a narrow track unit.

71mtnscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #32
71mtnscout

Beater had a new noise since the lift...a sorta song. Turns out the E-brake cable is rubbing on driveshaft and causing the "song". So I flipped the pull rod to the bottom of the swing bracket and made a tether out of steel rod to keep the cable away from the driveshaft. It does what its designed to and the brake works fine.

1 noise down 27 to go.......

Old 01-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #33
71mtnscout

Now that winter is here a few things needed fixin. First up was the leaky exhaust system. A little cut and splice along with a new flange gasket, and adding another hanger later. It's amazing how much quieter it is now, I still get a wiff now and then but I still have some holes to fix. The stock heater seems to work pretty good but I need to add the heat valve and control cable to be able to shut the water off and on from inside the cab. The windshield hinge leaks like a sieve in the rain and I haven't got to it yet.