IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Trails, Public Land and Legislation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 05-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
mountainguyed67
Banned

Member Number: 2508
Default Re: Vote for Dusy-Ershim trail

I had a conference call with BFG and the other clubs in the contest Tuesday. BFG decided to remove all votes from the first five days and extend the voting to June 30th. The reason for all this is to make it a fair contest. In the beginning someone was voting for dusy using a bot. That fooled us into thinking we were way out in front. It also fooled blanca into thinking they were way behind,so they sat up all night voting trying to catch us(you could do that then).

After 5 days they found and removed the bot votes leaving dusy way behind and they changed the rules at the same time(so you could only vote once a day).they also put something in place at that time to block bot votes. Well,dusy supporters wanted the votes to be reset at the same time the rules were changed(to make it fair). And since a fair amount of time passed before that was done,blanca supporters(and the other clubs)wanted more time to allow them time to catch up.

So yesterday,a change was made to the percentages and the vote count added to the results page. There was an error in doing that due to a computer glitch. That error was fixed today and now the numbers should be accurate,showing the results minus all the votes prior to the rules change. Remember this is the first year BFG is doing it like this. In the past the winner was chosen by judges. So,there's a learning curve. Expect next year to be smoother as they are learning. I want to thank BFG for their efforts in keeping this contest fair.

Go dusy!
mountainguyed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
mountainguyed67
Banned

One of our club members was passing around pictures taken on kaiser pass Thursday May 19th that show so much snow that you can only see the top foot of the toilet vent pipes. You have to drive by those toilets(9,300 ft elev)to get to the trailhead at the north end of dusy-ershim(9,600 ft elev). There are problems with the dam at lake edison and southern California edison has two dozer operators pushing their way in so the problems can be addressed. This is the first year we have a scheduled opening date for our trails,dusys date is August 1st and it's looking like that might not happen. We still have over two months,time will tell. Our webmaster is supposed to put the pictures on our website.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
mountainguyed67
Banned

The pics are up on our website 4wdcfresno forum home - index . click the link,then scroll down to dusy ershim closed,click that,then click kaiser snow pics.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #19
mountainguyed67
Banned

In the last 21 hours our percentage went down .01 and blancas went up .04 and we had 261 votes,blanca 131 votes. I see their vote count steadily rising(slowly),but still we have about 5,400 votes more than them.

This was taken from the Colorado forum and reminds me of something one of our supporters told me about a week ago "I don't want the whiners to be the winners". Missfj sierra nevada4wdc.

Steve-voting has been extended to the end of June." no explanation why, and it doesn't appear that an extension will have any impact on which trail wins.

Al24-BFG could afford to give 4k to each of the trails.

Daveshan-yea, they extended the voting 'till the end of June and took away 3000 legal votes that blanca supporters put in while dusy was relaxing with the bot vote pouring in.
This was done to make it "fair".
I've been done with this cluster %%%% since last Monday, haven't even checked in to see what the totals are.

American rock rods-I'm kind of baffled by the current leaders planned use of the funds.
New portable toilets? Really? And it is winning by that high of a margin? Personally I think the best proposed use of the funds is by rr4w on golden spike, but it only has 2% of the vote.

Steve-I'd be willing to bet that golden spike has been wheeled by far more people than the other three trails combined, yet it has the lowest vote total. That proves that this contest has nothing to do with which trail needs the $$$ and everything to do with which supporters do the best job getting people to click on the website.
I think BFG should give each of the four trails $4k for putting up with such an ill-designed contest. I don't look for that to happen.

Daveshan-to their credit (BFG's) they did donate $500 to each trail for the inconvenience. And each club got a certificate for a set of tires up to 37" to do with as they chose.
We decided to give each member who showed up for a trail work day one ticket per workday so the members who take part in trail maintenance have a chance for the set.
I also figured we were toast when I heard we were up against gs, it's probably my favorite trail over there and is hands down the best known of any of the choices.
Btw, it's not BFG that is running this vote, it's a company they hired.

Al24-might want to let them know the company they hired is giving them a black eye.

Daveshan- BFG rep's were on the conference calls both times and I wouldn't be surprised if they checked out at least pirate and other social media such as facebook etc as the intent was to generate "buzz".

Rockhopper- why isn't this a sticky any more

steve-because the winner is already determined.

Don't read too much into all this whining,their daily vote count is steadily rising(very slowly).
Keep voting.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #20
mountainguyed67
Banned

The competition seems to have given up.
Here are the number of votes cast in the 25 hour period ending at 12:15 pm today.

Dusy 239
golden 15
mirror 4
blanca 30

dusy had a total of 11,320 votes at the same time.
Blanca 5,019.

Go dusy!

Last edited by mountainguyed67; 06-09-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
mountainguyed67
Banned

I shared a story of a supporter being swayed to buy BFG tires because of this vote and they(BFG)loved it. If you have a similar story,please post it and I will foward it to BFG. Should help them want to keep doing this every year. I havn't heard that's a problem anyway,but it can't hurt.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
mountainguyed67
Banned

Snow on kaiser pass is melting fast,I'm now feeling prety good about the trail opening on time. We went into ward and florence lakes Sunday and came out yesterday. Snow is on the pass and approaches only,the rest of the areas are clear. Lots of water is running down the road and everywhere else from the melting snow. Updated pictures are now on photobucket.

http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ampise/kaiser/

Pic number 5 is the road going from kaiser pass up to the trailhead.

Thanks for voting every day.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #23
mountainguyed67
Banned

At 2:00 pm

dusy 68.02%
golden 3.39
mirror 1.73
blanca 26.86

dusy 13,364
golden 666
mirror 339
blanca 5,278

22.5 hour totals
dusy 95
golden 107
mirror 2
blanca 5

golden spike actually got more votes than us in the last 22.5 hours.

Go figure.

Keep voting for dusy.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
mountainguyed67
Banned

The BFG rep said they will announce the winner the week of July 5th. They will also be re-announcing the two winners they chose before the vote. I forget who they were(both back east).