IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Electrical Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 09-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
gcluke

Member Number: 7886
Default Rewire of C body pickup gauges-Help

I am rewiring my 68 1200c (392, 4x4) with a "kwik wire" 8 circuit generic wiring kit.

It should be obvious by the questions, but I have a barely rudimentary grasp of electrical wiring and am stumped.

Can anyone help me out with rewiring the stock the gauges? Even after looking at the schematics and diagrams from the service manuals (and searching here and on bp), I havent been able to figure out which terminal on each gauge is for power, which is ground, and which is for the sender. All ive figured out is the "gauge power" wire first goes to the cvr

also, is this kwik wire set up going to work with the original ammeter or should I switch to a volt meter.
gcluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:33 AM   #2
Scooter

Member Number: 917
Default Re: Rewire of C body pickup gauges-Help

Sorry for not getting back to you any sooner with messages. Been busy with my full-time job. And haven't had a chance to check my manuals. I would have compared my old dash wiring that I recently pulled out, but there was way too much po hack work to desifer what went where. If you have any of the connectors (that came off the gauges) with old wiring still attached, then you might be able to trace the number off each individual wire. I will try and look through my manual within the next day or two.
74 Scout II - Barrel Rolled - Rest in peace
72 Scout II = SOLD
51 Studebaker pickup - A non running project. Slowly in the works
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ammeter, cvr, dash lights, gauge, wiring