IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Area > New Products at IH Parts America
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 03-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1
Default CPT Scout 80/800 Suspension System

CPT - Crawler Proven Technology deluxe suspension system for all 61'-71' Scout 80 or Scout 800.

Developed as a complete kit with parts that all work together as a system that compliment each enough that it gives you a decent ride ~ for a Scout. Depending on how your Scout is equipped(4cyl, 6cyl or v8), how worn your existing leafsprings are and depending on how much weight you normally are dragging around in your Scout this suspension system should net you 1"-3" of lift with most Scout's averaging about 2" of total lift.

This complete system includes the following parts:

- CPT heavy duty leaf springs front & rear
- CPT 4" heavy duty shackle sets front & rear
- CPT 1/2" ubolts front & rear
- CPT 2* front castor shims
- Bilstein shocks front & rear
- spring bushings front & rear
- additional hardware for shocks and leaf springs
- CPT stainless steel extended rear brake hose

note - this suspension system requires additional modification to the vehicle. Front driveshaft to transmission crossmember area May need to be notched. U-bolt plates will need holes enlarged in order to accommodate the larger 1/2" CPT ubolts.

Choose proper kit when ordering. Since there are variations in the different year models and due to parts changes made by previous owners in the past 50 years it is best to describe your Scout to us in the comments section. We would like to know what year your Scout is, engine size, which front axle it has and which rear axle it has.

Click link to buy - CPT suspension system for 1961-71 Scout 80 or 800 - IH Parts America - click link to buy

retail price $989.95.

See the before and after pictures below of our own 1971 Scout 800B. Click the link to see the installation of this suspension system and other parts - IH Parts America's 1971 Scout 800B

Link to installation directions - CPT suspension system for 1961-71 Scout 80, 800 instructions

Before

After

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795

Last edited by ihpartsjeff; 03-29-2017 at 06:46 AM..
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Carl Wiese

Member Number: 13
Default Re: CPT Scout 80/800 Suspension System

Awesome deal Jeff, I know people have been asking about this forever!! I hope they reward you with some business!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
radar232

Member Number: 4494

Now thats a badass kit! Thanks for offering us 80/800 drivers more options! Sure beats the crap out of scoutparts.com's retard "lift kit" that doesn't include the needed shackles and basically consists of some stupid bolt on brackets.
radar232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Albuq. Henry

Member Number: 1251

Since none of us actually know how close we actually sit compared to stock, is it possible post some measurements like from the top of spring or axle to frame, or distance between shock bolts, or something like that. That way we can get an idea of how much it will actually change our setup...
Thanks.- henry
Albuq. Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by albuq. Henry View Post
since none of us actually know how close we actually sit compared to stock, is it possible post some measurements like from the top of spring or axle to frame, or distance between shock bolts, or something like that. That way we can get an idea of how much it will actually change our setup...
Thanks.- henry
We did before and after pictures with a ruler at each corner showing how much lift we achieved with our particular Scout. Is that what you want or actual measurements between axle and frame?

Also I am in the middle of typing up a build thread on the above Scout and will be posting it once I have it caught up. I'm hoping the build thread will answer most questions about the kit and other products that we offer for the Scout 80/800 line.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
(530)274-1795
Old 03-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Albuq. Henry

Member Number: 1251

I was kinda thinking a measurement at a place that is easy to compare to my Scout now. (I acutually have a sii spring pack combined with my 800 main leaf, so I have no idea how I sit compared to stock. I think its close because it sits pretty level.) or if someone else currently has springs that are way sagged, or not so sagged it will be easy to tell how it will sit with your setup. Make sense??
Albuq. Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by albuq. Henry View Post
I was kinda thinking a measurement at a place that is easy to compare to my Scout now. (I acutually have a sii spring pack combined with my 800 main leaf, so I have no idea how I sit compared to stock. I think its close because it sits pretty level.) or if someone else currently has springs that are way sagged, or not so sagged it will be easy to tell how it will sit with your setup. Make sense??
I did take before and after pictures with a ruler at each wheel well. I assume this should be a constant measurement to go by with the exception that the 800B's sit higher on the frame compared to earlier years.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
(530)274-1795

Last edited by ihpartsjeff; 10-22-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
backcountry

Member Number: 1698

This looks slick, Jeff.

Any thoughts of making a front sway bar for Scout 800's to accompany this kit? While not a benefit for wheeling, a sway bar would certainly help road manners and would be a great compliment to this mild lift...
AYR-WAY Canopy

1971 IH Scout 800B Comanche
304, T-39
backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountry View Post
this looks slick, Jeff.

Any thoughts of making a front sway bar for Scout 800's to accompany this kit? While not a benefit for wheeling, a sway bar would certainly help road manners and would be a great compliment to this mild lift...
I do plan on trying to do a swaybar setup but it will be after one of our CPT reverse shackle kits gets installed. Really as it is this setup handles quite well on the back country roads. Just need to upgrade the stock draglink and tierod setup and this thing will be extremely fun to drive.

I do want to mention that the build up with installation tips on the suspension system has been put up in our build-ups section - IH Parts America's 1971 Scout 800B

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
(530)274-1795

Last edited by ihpartsjeff; 03-29-2017 at 06:48 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
1971Beast

Member Number: 8627

Jeff, I have an 800B with CPT reverse shackle kit, SOA conversion, Scout II Dana 44s and alcan leafs. Do you make a CPT sway bar for the front and rear? I came across a front sway bar from an old link by you on pirate 4x4 that shows a sway bar through the reverse shackle cross bar with a drop bar to clear the steering arm. I'm very interested in this and also the rear. Any help would be great.

James davis
1971Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:52 AM   #11
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971beast View Post
Jeff, I have an 800B with CPT reverse shackle kit, SOA conversion, Scout II Dana 44s and alcan leafs. Do you make a CPT sway bar for the front and rear? I came across a front sway bar from an old link by you on pirate 4x4 that shows a sway bar through the reverse shackle cross bar with a drop bar to clear the steering arm. I'm very interested in this and also the rear. Any help would be great.

James davis
I'm sure we can provide you with a rear swaybar and might be able to provide you with a front depending on how your overall SOA, steering, etc looks. If you could either post some pictures or email them to us would be helpful. Once we see some pictures call in and ask for michael. He is real good at putting custom combos like this together.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
(530)274-1795
Old 03-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #12
1971Beast

Member Number: 8627

Attached are some pics. I think the high steer May get in the way. Measurements are 34" to outer edge of shackle reverse bar. Id is 1.25". Approximately 19" from center of shackle revers bar to center of front axle. Rear frame is 35" outer edge to outer edge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0137.jpg (49.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0138.jpg (51.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0139.jpg (47.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4767.jpg (89.9 KB, 38 views)
1971Beast is offline   Reply With Quote