IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #46
ronmc1954

Member Number: 499
Default Re: New Members please check in here

Welcome goldie locks glad to have ya here

1975 Scout11
1974 Scout11
1965 1 ton IH Pickup (sold)
ronmc1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #47
Michael Dimock
IH Parts America Sales Assoc.

Member Number: 581

Been on for a while, but my name is michael dimock and I am in college right now attending osu for mechanical engineering. (it has taken all my Scout money! ) found it on the bb and love the straight forward info. I have a 62 and 63/64 International Scout 80 and the 62 I have been restoring for over a year and a half. You can find that thread over at the bb. I love all the straight forward info here! Wish I could have made it down to the ralleye, but school was in the way. Just indulging in the info!

62 Scout 80, SOA, RS, 54's/63's, 196, T-18, D-18, Waggy 44's, 5.38's, and Zip/Spool.
Michael Dimock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #48
Tonka Toy

Member Number: 635

Like Mike said, I've been pokin around here for a little bit, so I thought I should just register. I've had my 76 Scout 2 for several years now, and it was my dd until a couple of years ago when the dreaded cam bearing issue reared it's ugly head. Since then it's been parked, and I have been debating about wether to rebuild it or go with an isuzu 4cyl turbo diesel. But wroking nights and some weekends for the past 1 1/2 + years has also kept me from getting around to it, much less any time on boards like this one.

But since I recently transferred with my company to boise idaho, I am now working mostly days and I have a better place for getting the old girl back on the dd list. The only thing holding me back right now is some funds, which will free themselves up when the oregon house sells. Then I can get busy on it.

Anyway, I've got my eyes on some of your products, and hopefully I can make it to your next rallye.

Jeff e.

Ps: if anyone needs a place to camp for the night while passin through, I got a big 'oll yard with lots of room for whatever ya drivin/haulin. Just gimme some warning. Glad to help fellow iher's whenever I can.

My 76 Scout 2/Dodge 360 repower pictures here: http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...wer%20Project/

72 1110 Travel-All "for the wife", family outing rig.
Tonka Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #49
wofat

Member Number: 632

Just bought my first Scout...love old cars, had to get rid of my 67 Ford galaxy 500 convertible about a year ago(sold to someone who is going to do a complete restoration). Found this website by surfing the net. I have some work to do on the 'new' Scout II..will need a soft top, bikini top, some finish parts,safety bar,etc.
wofat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #50
Tim Page

Member Number: 645

I'm checking in, a little late. Mike mayben steered me in here... Looks like a good alternative to the binder bulletin! Glad im here.
Tim
Tim Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #51
Old Smokey

Member Number: 657
Thumbs up Re: New Members please check in here

Loved scouts since my Dad had one when I was nine years old...been crazy about them since...lol..and frustrated..well ya know...I have a 78 terr Scout 2...Nissan diesal corp 14 bolt rear chev 44 flat top knuckle frnt end...37 inch boggers...cut bed off and added full rollcage...all built cheap but it works..had 2 great rubicon trips...love the rocks
Old Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #52
Tiny Yokum

Member Number: 669
Thumbs up Re: New Members please check in here

Hey everybody,
driving scouts since 1992. Learned a thing or two along the way.
Anyway, glad to be here among friends.
Tiny Yokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #53
TonganScoutII

Member Number: 695
Cool Re: New Members please check in here

Hello!

My name is walter, I live in salt lake city, utah. I heard about you guys on the pirate4x4's site and recently purchased a 1977 Scout II in July of 2008. I have always had a interest in off roading while watching my friends build their rigs and buggy's and helping out with some wrenching and things. I owned a 85' blazer and lifted it but wanted something cooler than this and went on a search for a rig that would fit my likeings and also something that would allow my fatazz to fit in it.
im from tongan decent but was born and raised here in slc, utah. Those of you who do know where tonga is located it is in the south pacific ocean made up of about 270 islands ubt the main land is called tongatapu location is around the equator and the International dateline. Tongas neighboring islands are the samoan isles and the fijian isles. I graduated from the university of utah in 2005 (go utes!!!!) with a b.s. In sociology and criminology, I did not use my degree in my career choice, I am a salesman for a&t bolt /anchoring systems we sell bolts and construction supplies. I hope to learn alot from you all about my Scout and what tips and suggestions you have to improve my rig.

My Scout:
345ci v8
4 speed t-427 manual transmission
dana20 transfer case
dana44's front and rear 3:54 gears (no lockers)
SOA with reverse shackle
35x12.50 r15 mickey thompson baja claws
15 x 8" alloy wheels
cv drivelines from sixstates dist.
Warn premium hubs

upgrades:
new ring & pinions 4:56 gearing
lockers for front and rear
full roll cage
new bumpers front and rear
rock sliders

thanks!

Last edited by TonganScoutII; 12-03-2008 at 10:16 AM..
TonganScoutII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #54
JAYSON

Member Number: 704

Hello all im jayson stay in hayward CA and soon to be owner of a 74 pickup 100 camper special cant wait to bring it home ill post a pic when I figgy it out
JAYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #55
reitsma

Member Number: 722

From norway, started with binders forum and ended up here after contacted mr mayben because of some severe carb. Problems (ie 2210).

Just ordered my 'mayben special treated' 2300 Holley, which soon will arrive I hope, great service so far!

The project in progress is a 1977 345 Scout manual t-19, which hopefully will see the light of day again within 2 or 3 years -wishfull thinking-.

Car is originally from switzerland, imported to germany round 2000 where it was 'fused' with a monteverdi sahara as parts car. Imported my Scout December 2007 to norway where it will undergo a minor restoration...

At the moment is progress slow, time is a luxury with 4 kids and full-time jobs for the 2 parents...
Old 01-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #56
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

After viewing your website laurens, I just can't imagine what ya have to go through to play with these rigs! And we think we have difficulties in the states!!??

So the original pics you sent me some time back were very early shots, you have accomplished a tremendous amount of work, far more than I had expected!

Thanks for including us here at ihon in your IH family unit!

Jeff might need to look into establishing a norwegian subsidiary????

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #57
reitsma

Member Number: 722

My thoughts exactly...

we have a thriving International community in our nabouring countries of sweden and danmark, norway is stil somewhat of an underdog in the International Harvester business though. Trying to get the norwegian owners to register, but they're somewhat reluctant.

In holland (where I am from) there are some fine examples left too and the interest is growing! So watch who you will sell your rides to; it might just happen they get exported to europe!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #58
David Fulford

Member Number: 15

I've been on and off here for a while. I just found this thread so figured I'd post up and say "hi".

I found out about this place through michael mayben. He took me under his wing over on the bb when I was wrestling with my new Holley 2300 electric choke and he hasn't been able to get rid of me since.

I live in the middle of nowhere in westcentral indiana. My Dad bought my Scout new so it's been in our family it's whole life. Started life white with woodgrain stripes, then went to black, then primer for a while, and now silver/black. One of these day's I'll post up some before/after pics in a separate thread.

Keep up the great work Ismail's!! Whenever practical for me, you are my first stop for buyin' stuff!

-dave
Attached Images

Last edited by David Fulford; 01-22-2009 at 08:34 PM..
David Fulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #59
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Yeehaw daveeboy! About dam time ya showed off pop's ride! Then ya need ta show us pop's tractor!

But...you gonna post a "before" pic or am I gonna havta do it for ya???

I'm just as proud o' pop's rig as you are, I'm sure he's monitoring the progress from up above!

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #60
oumoose

Member Number: 774

Hello everyone. I am extremely new to the Scout world. I do not own one, but would like to. I am looking to get the basic knowledge of each of these beauties so that I can try to decide on what to buy. I live in tulsa, ok. I rarely see a Scout here, I had a friend who had one, but he brought it here from Colorado. He had the only one I can remember seeing around here. So, I have really enjoyed looking around the past couple days. This definitely seems like the place to be for Scout enthusiasts.
oumoose is offline   Reply With Quote