IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Area > IH Parts America Build-Ups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #46
jayman2003

Member Number: 1058
Default Re: IHPA Chads Custom ScoutII Build

This is one nice lookin Scout man, very nice work. And solid choices for mods
jayman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #47
SylvestersCustoms

Member Number: 2291
Thumbs up Re: IHPA Chads Custom ScoutII Build

I have to say your Scout is my favorite of all of them I have pics saved to my comp just to drool over lol. I had a couple questions im building a 78 Scout II I have been collecting everything and am finally ready to start the frame build for a SOA this week. Heres what ive gathered, I've bought the reverse shackle kit, hd u bolts and u bolt plates, high steer kit, and superlift softride springs 4" lift springs, my question is I have 35" tires and would u happen to know if I even need the 4" spring or should I swap them for 2" lift springs or even stock ? Basically I dont want the 35's to rub the body, after building my buddy's SUA with the same springs im worried mine wont fit in garage and if I even need to go that big?
Also im not sure how comparable the lift you ran is since yours is GM springs but could you please give me a measurement from floor to top of your roof? And what size tires are yours? If you could help me id really appriciate it thank you!! Travis
Old 11-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #48
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Member Number: 3

I run 35's, my rears are 4" lift Scout II ranchos with one spring removed. I don't know the exact measurement but I can tell you that I have to let air out of the tires to fit into a standard 2 car garage and even then it is really tight, however as you can see in some of the pictures I am still a little taller in the rear than the front. I still have quite a bit of stuff to go on the back of the truck and hope that it will level out. If it does I should fit without airing down. I don't rub the 35's as it sits now. Honestly though I built this truck for 37's budget dictated I go with 35's.

P.s. Thanks for the compliments. Honestly, it's my favorite too

also, I have intended to convert the whole build thread over to this thread from the bp but have just not had the time. Here is a link to the full build. May help you a bit.

IH Parts America sponsored build
ihpartschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #49
SylvestersCustoms

Member Number: 2291
Thumbs up Re: IHPA Chads Custom ScoutII Build

Thanks for the reply!!! I appriciate it!!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #50
AmericaOverland

Member Number: 2030

I vaguely remember your build from bb/bp. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you've made your home here. I certainly can appreciate more traffic coming this way. The more people there are with experience, the more we can learn and share faster. I'm about to be shipped a set of Scout shop manuals.
AmericaOverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #51
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Member Number: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by americaoverland View Post
I vaguely remember your build from bb/bp. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you've made your home here. I certainly can appreciate more traffic coming this way. The more people there are with experience, the more we can learn and share faster. I'm about to be shipped a set of Scout shop manuals.
Note my member number and the fact that I am a moderator here. I have long been a member of the IH Parts America gang. I totally agree, we very much like bp and other boards, this board is in no way competition for the other IH boards. We simply want to provide our customer base, past, present and future access to as much of our knowledge as possible in the best format we know how.
ihpartschad is offline   Reply With Quote