Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Area > IH Parts America Build-Ups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 11-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #91
Administrator & Owner
Member Number: 1
Default Re: IH Parts Americas 1-Ton Travelall

Originally Posted by tonka toy View Post
quick question about your front springs. It appears to me that the 4" lift springs gives you that nose high look. If you wanted to level it up by dropping the nose, would your recommend stock GM spring height? And would you still get decent flex with a 33" tire up there? (that's what I plan on running) all of this assuming that I'm using the GM d44 axle and your new front spring mounts.

If you are mimicking my set up and want the nose level then I would put a 2" lift spring in the front. I feel a stock spring would put the nose a tad down when used with the same rear springs as mine(6" Rough Country, no lift block).

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:00 PM   #92
Member Number: 3670

Its the front fender gap, is what gives it the nose high "look". I got 6'' GM springs on my travelette, front and rear and it looks nose high. My frame sets level.

You could do 4'' front springs and 6'' rears. But the key is to have a 2'' difference in spring height front to rear to get the "level" look.

Jeff what length are your front shackles? Bolt hole to bolt hole on the Travelall. Also do ya'll have the frame bushings for the front axle shackles the ones that you have to remove the rivets to install?
-73 Scout II- GM Vortec 6.0L 4L65E NP241
-73 1210 Travelette SV392, T-34, D60/14b, 4.56's.
-01 VW TDI Beetle- 50mpg or better
-55 Chevy 210 Delray 235/3sp
-56 Chevy Belair 4 door hardtop*next project* 5.3/4l60/3.08's
Bo185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #93
Member Number: 8022

I have been watching your builds for a few years now. It started in 2011 when I was looking at a Scout while deployed and the wife found an fj40 so I went that route. Well long story but it's gone also. So now I am back to looking at your builds and wanting a Scout or a Travelall. Keep up the great builds.
Smartmike is offline   Reply With Quote