IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
bvrScout

Member Number: 5114
Default First Adventure into IH Land - 1976 Scout II

I've been looking for a Scout II project for several months now and I am glad that I waited for this one! Po bought from longtime owner but it was sitting outside under a tree for at least a year.

To the best of my knowledge it is mostly (if not all) original and has the following: IH 304, tf 727, not sure on transfer case (d20?), Dana 44's front (disc) and rear (drum), all the carpeting/rubber mats still in place.

Body is pretty straight overall with some rust in the wheel wells and lower front fender. Hardtop is a bit rough. Lots of rust through and many places starting to bubble.

Intertior is in decent shape. Nice butterscotch vinyl seats with only one rip down the center of the drivers seat.

It does run and drive but the water pump is missing along with all the belts so that is priority #1. Since this if my first project car ever, I will be taking it slow and going through it all system by system starting with the cooling. Definitely will pick up a service manual and order the LST. If I can have it running/driving decently by the Binder Bee I will be super happy so that is my goal.

Inteded use is mild trails/hunting/fishing/camping/etc. Eventually will add a small lift and bigger tires, a roll bar, and soft top setup.

All feedback/suggestions are most welcome!
Attached Images

Last edited by bvrScout; 10-25-2012 at 12:40 PM..
bvrScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
FDChappie

Member Number: 3742
Default Re: First Adventure into IH Land - 1976 Scout II

Welcome to the club! I bought my Scout in 1985 because it was cheap, but I found it to be an awesome vehicle and still have it.
FDChappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Carl Wiese

Member Number: 13

Congratulations on your purchase, welcome to the IH family.

You May or May not know there is an IH club in oregon, and we meet in salem at the elmers off market right next to the fred meyer. Our club meetings are the first Thursday of every month, November 1st being the next meeting. There is no fee to join and we are a family friendly club. It's a great place to come meet like minded people, find parts, get your tech questions answered and just enjoy being part of the IH crowd.

The meetings officially start at 7pm, with a social and meal hour starting at 6pm. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Carl
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
bvrScout

Thanks carl. I attended the September IHSTO meeting and met Mike, eric, and a couple whose names are escaping me right now. I am planning on being at the nov. 1st meeting and getting to learn more about the club and IH's. Looking forward to meeting the rest of the club!

69 Ford F100 bumpside, 351w, NP 435, 2wd, long bed, daily driver - SOLD 3/2016 - Making room for a Scout!

2016 Tundra Limited Double Cab - DD/family/RV/Boat hauler

Looking for a running/driving Scout!

_Sam_
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
bvrScout

Thanks fdchappie! I honestly cannot think of another vehicle that I would rather spend my time and money fixing up. I know it will be a lot of work but very rewarding if I have patience and do it right.

69 Ford F100 bumpside, 351w, NP 435, 2wd, long bed, daily driver - SOLD 3/2016 - Making room for a Scout!

2016 Tundra Limited Double Cab - DD/family/RV/Boat hauler

Looking for a running/driving Scout!

_Sam_