IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10
Default Re: Before and After of My Scout 80 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiff View Post
a guy on another forum is claiming that the mr Scout springs are just Skyjacker cj5 springs. Anyone know if this is the case? No need to pay an unnecessary markup.

I kind of doubt the claim because most things I've read about using Jeep springs on a Scout have not been good. Like that they sag in short order. What makes a Scout so much heavier than a Jeep anyway?
The "other forum" dude is full of crap.

Mike fiock/mr. Scout is a personal and professional friend of ours.

He's had his lift springs custom fabricated for many years by a company that is totally off the radar. But in fact...that company manufactures many spring sets for many vehicles that are marketed under many brand names.

Mike worked out the arch/length and spring rate for the s80 apps many years ago, dates back to the late 60's.

Everything is "heavier" regarding any ihc-produced product as compared to any similar vehicle from some other oem. Ihc products were intended for the commercial/agricultural/vocational market where long-term durability was a primary design criteria.

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote