IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #91
Ray Stankewitz

Member Number: 1019
Default Re: New Members please check in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbinder View Post
can anybody help with adding a avitar, I am having a hell of time trying to upload and to no avail?? Thanks
You add yer aveetar from th' user control panel. (user cp, top red band on th' page, left side.) click user cp, and 'bout six things down onna left side, it says 'edit avatar'.

Click on that and it will ask where ta find it. I think th' picky part is the avatar needs ta be no mor'n 80 pixels by 80 pixels and no more than 19.5 kb in size. Needs ta be a gif or jpg or png format, most likely. Mine's a jpg.

Hope this helps ya-I moderate/admin a few boards (just not this one) so this is my binder-fied version of instructions.

If it's too big -email it to me an' I'll fix it fer ya. Send to ray (at) raystankewitz.com and I will email back a proper sized version fer ya.

Ray

Last edited by Ray Stankewitz; 04-29-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Clarify mod stuff
Ray Stankewitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #92
cornbinder

Member Number: 839

Thanks for that ray, yea my format bit so I need to change to jpg im all over it
cornbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #93
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray stankewitz View Post
howdy y'all-

well, as michael mayben knows, I wuz over yonder on the binderbulliten 'til it went 'poof' or sumthin,

found this place by serchin' fer "michael mayben" of all thangs to use for a serchin' strang.

Michael has seen under th' hood photos of th' oo'd po'd rumblemobile. I heard he didn' go blind, either. It ain't perty. Gonna have to talk with him about the in's an' out's of a 22xx to 0-7448 conversion on my alkygazz guzzler.

Had ta let the beast sit fer a spell while I had eye surgery, moved to new (to us) digs w/o a mancave and deal with a blown out back at t3, t4, t5. At least my brother that lives within rock throwin' distance has a mancave I kin borrow for small things. Like an alkygazz mixer conversion.

Ray
Ray!

Deep in the bowels of one of my spamcans I found an email from ya!!!! Surprise!!!

I'll get back to ya...but I think everthang you need to know about the 2300 conversion is in at least two or three of the threads in the "carb tech" forum!

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #94
cornbinder

Thank you ray I have that new avatar and it looks good, I really appreciate your help
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #95
Ray Stankewitz

Member Number: 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbinder View Post
thank you ray I have that new avatar and it looks good, I really appreciate your help
You're welcome. Just tryin' ta be a helpful member of this community.

Ray
Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #96
77SSII

Member Number: 1048

Hey everyone!
Just signed up a couple of days ago.
I spoke to Jeff about my dui and said to check out the post so I don't keep him on the phone 'til labor day.

I've been working on my 77 SSII for almost 12 years doing a full on resto. Every square inch has been "black-beautied" and covered w/ppg's concept. Fresh rebuild on everything (literally everything but the power steering box).
I'm a wanna-be motorhead (definately not) and could use some help setting it up.
It's got a 304 (0.06 over with 0.100 off the block & heads) it's got a schneider 256 cam, Holley 2300 and and stan's tri-ys. Had the air injection ports ground too.
Haven't tried to start it yet as I need to wire it completely (the whole truck).
Anyone have any pix of a dui installed on a 304? Can I use the vacuum advance? It comes w/a block off plate if there isn't enough clearance.
77SSII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #97
Catfishg

Member Number: 1083
NSFW Re: New Members please check in here

My name is kirk and I am a Scout addict. (hi, kirk!) I am perched on the ledge of a new Scout and am spending way too much time on the internet these days looking at Scout stuff (builds, craigslist, etc.). I had a 76 Scout II rust bucket that I sold eight years ago and have regretted for the past seven, so here we go again. Love reading all of the posts, so I thought I should join.
Catfishg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #98
Rennkafer

Member Number: 1114

Hi, bill here from hayward, CA. I have a '67 1100b Travelall that I found up in the hills outside Auburn, CA about 7 years ago. I took it home and gave it some tlc and it's been running great (except for a clutch dying) since. Plans are for a body off restoration at some future date but for now it's my parts hauler/camper.

Where I found it... Sitting for 11 years.

After about a week of washing and buffing...
1997 Mazda Miata STO "Wallace"
Rennkafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #99
64_scout

Member Number: 1320

Im Mike I own a 64 Scout 800 I live up in north California, this Scout is my project vehicle it has a lot of cancer but it just needs some tender love and care.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #100
Scout73

Member Number: 1399

Wow. So many local Scout fans. That's cool. I found this site from the forms link on IH Parts America store site, and glad I did. I have a 73 Scout with lots of problems . Some cancer, but not to bad. Someone hit the thing hard in the back so there is body damage. The wireing is far from nice. And the list goes on, and on. I bought it because I have always liked scouts, and had to have one. Now I have a project. It's more project than I wanted, but the price was ok. Now I just have to find lots more time and money.
Scout73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #101
Mark160

Member Number: 1535

Hello all Mark from conn. Here. Just bought a 79 Scout II 345 auto with 73,000 orig miles. Found my way here by way of just internationals (drew m. Told me). I've just tinkered with it so far. I purchased the service manual last night and when it gets here the real fun will start. I am no mechanic by any stretch so I'll be reading and asking a ton so please be patient. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #102
cornbinder

Welcome Mark, you will never have another dull moment now that you have your Scout II. Meaning that with some tlc and heavy maintenance do the 30 year old rig it will a blast. And here at this site there are plenty oh IH wizards with knowledge here to offer and give help when needed..
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #103
Scoutboy74

Member Number: 453

Looks like the holiest of holy's...an unmolested virgin...at least from the outside. Welcome Mark. Watch out fer that drew m...he'z kinda shifty-n-dodgy

no, hez a gud'n. He led ya here.

Coal Trickle - '99 Dodge Ram 2500 Q-Cab SWB 4x4 - 5.9L 24V CTD/NV4500
Hooty - '74 SII - 392/TF727/D20/3.73 D44's/Spartan FA/Krac-lok RA/RC 4" SUA/34x10.5 TSLs/33g Fuel/HFT 8k winch
Mongo - '71 1210 Std Cab 2WD - 345/TF727/RA17 D60 4.10 Trac-lok - "Mongo love candy! Duh, huh, huh!"
Scoutboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #104
Mark160

Member Number: 1535

Thanks for the warm welcome cornbinder and Scout boy I really look forward to spending time here. I was really shocked at how friendly and helpful everyone was over in just internationals, I just hope that it's like that here and from what I can tell so far it is. One thing I an tell already is that a lot more people over here have Scout II's whereas over in ji most guys had 80's or 800's. I really did get lucky with mine. I saw it on craigslist in the mechanicburg pa area. I saw to many slip through my fingers so I called up after looking at just one picture and told the po I would be there in the morning with cash in hand. He said it was his daily driver so I rented a car here, drove it out and drove the Scout home. She made the 258 mi trip with no problems (except for the power steering being a little squirlley when I went over 60mph). I May have stopped for gas to aften but the gas gauge is reading true so I didn't want to take any chances. The motor is strong but as soon as I start digging I'm sure I'll find bondo a plently.actually if you look closer at the drivers side pic you can see the rocker panel kinda "flares" out towards the back and the passenger side doesn't lol..sorry for the long winded reply, talk to you soon
Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #105
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Welcome Mark!

That modified rocker is a good thing, give it some draft so the crap yawl have on yore winter roads drains better! I gotta bro-in-law around enfield and have spent alotta time around there and fully understand yore climatic conditions. And my wife is from the cape and grew up around enfield also, so I kinda understand yore language!

Actually, once you have spent some time cruising all the sub-forums you will find that our members have a very diverse selection of all IH products, some that go back to the very beginning of motorized vehicles.

Finding a local rig that is not swiss-cheesed is highly unusual!! We have contacts from folks real often asking us to locate 'em some decent rigs from west of the divide that are salvageable to move back east.

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote