IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #76
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10
Default Re: New Members please check in here

Welcome to all you new signups! Things are really poppin' now and we can't keep up with the meet and greet!

We tweak stuff around here onna regular basis as ihon and this forum continues to grow at a significant rate, that's all because we got good people dealin' with good people!

Thanks for throwin' in with us!

And...this holds for you also kevin! I'll never forget last year's b-day shindig with tha tejas krew!!! I'm still havin' fun!

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #77
kevcarr59

Member Number: 793

Thanks Mike, I resemble that remark!! Lol!!

As you've probably already figured out, any time you're in this neck of the woods, the welcome mat is always out for you & your clan.

Thanks again,

kevin

1973 Scout II, 345, T-18, 3.54's, Coon A** Undercoating (red clay & oil spray!!!)
GO HORNS!!!
kevcarr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #78
Cameron A. M.

Member Number: 864

Hi all,
found out about this forum from tv. I just got a Scout and I am slowly getting it back in to shape. I am looking to do a restoration on it.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #79
cornbinder

Member Number: 839

Hello all I am new to the site, I recently purchased my uncle,s 1978 Scout for which he has owned since 1988. Its mechanically sound, its just has 4 major rust spots both the left and the right rear top of the quarter panels between the top and the upper quarter panel and 2 holes on the top.. I have done a lot of research and I am proud to be a new IH Scout owner and with the support from the forum what could go wrong. I once owned a 1988 k blazer bought new and drove it for 15 years,dumped it and pretty much gave up any hobbies I had at wrenching on any trucks.. So I got a Scout wish me luck,
I will send photos soon. Currently replacing the rag joint
cornbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #80
nick b

Member Number: 851

Hey everyone I just stumbled across this site the other day I was a bb member for awhile I have a 64 Scout 80 I have had it for about 5 years
nick b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #81
git em up

Member Number: 868

Thanks for a great site! Found out about you on the outdoor channel...trucks! Or extreme 4x4, not sure which now, but am I glad to have found a place to help me with some stuff to rebuild my 74 Scout. It is my first brand new vehicle I got while still in high school..oops did I date myself? Well I still got it and have the 345 modified with parts supplied by sherman balch. Heads are ported/polished, shaved 110/thousanths, mallory dual point yl distributor, hooker headers, isky full race cam, 392 intake topped with a 750 double pump Holley. 727 torqueflite, B&M valve body replaced the 4 speed, and tci 3000 stall converter. Did a lot of racing with it but its body is infested with termites and needs a lot of skin work. I've got most of it but have got a lot of other mechanical issues to deal with since it hasn't been on the road in 10 or 12 years. I believe I will be a regular as soon as I get going on it.
Oh, and my Dad was a dealer of International trucks for many years until his passing and then I was active in the dealership from 1974 on until International decided to drop the light truck division, a sad departure I must say. However this site and many dedicatedowners and collectors will help preserve the heritage of great American made trucks and cars. Thanks for the priveledge of joining a great forum.
Mark
Old 02-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #82
pushin_345

Member Number: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron a. M. View Post
hi all,
found out about this forum from tv. I just got a Scout and I am slowly getting it back in to shape. I am looking to do a restoration on it.
finally someone in the north bay im in rohnert park welcome to the site.
pushin_345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 AM   #83
wlmsonre

Member Number: 882

'lo folks,
I had a '66 800 in '72 and got back into IH's in the 80's. Been lurking forever and decided to man up and join. I'm relocating to the islands at the end of the month and sending out a traveler to work on for my son. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) ihon could build a new shop, house, vacation home, etc. If I had the resources to get everything I wanted.
wlmsonre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #84
ScoutMaster1978

Member Number: 895

Hey y'all.

I first heard about this site on the xtreme 4x4 show on spike tv so I logged on to see what was up.

Wow!!!

I didn't think anyone was really into scouts anymore.

Seeing this site has inspired me to go ahead and finally rebuild my 1978 Scout II that has not run and been sitting on the side of my garage for almost 10 years.
4" Trailmaster lift w/ 33"
Pathfinder A/T Tires on
American Racing Outlaw II wheels
Soft Top and roll bar
ScoutMaster1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #85
Scouting II's

Member Number: 885

Found ya all on the old binder bulletin. I heard about the aluminum manifold and the dui and came here.

Cool site indeed.

When I get home from working ike claims I will be purchasing a dui and new window/door seals for my Scout 2.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #86
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1

Welcome new members!

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #87
DALES63IHSNAIL

Member Number: 927

New member checking in.
Found your site in the constant hunt for IH parts, directly heard the name on extreme 4x4. Had to check it out now im a member looking forward to some trail rides. Slow build about 5 years, joys of family and toys. Wife, 2 little ones, 2 dogs

63 80 SOA, TBI sbc, sm465, 203/205 doubler, on 35" cooper mt's
DALES63IHSNAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #88
Ray Stankewitz

Member Number: 1019

Howdy y'all-

well, as michael mayben knows, I wuz over yonder on the binderbulliten 'til it went 'poof' or sumthin,

found this place by serchin' fer "michael mayben" of all thangs to use for a serchin' strang.

Michael has seen under th' hood photos of th' oo'd po'd rumblemobile. I heard he didn' go blind, either. It ain't perty. Gonna have to talk with him about the in's an' out's of a 22xx to 0-7448 conversion on my alkygazz guzzler.

Had ta let the beast sit fer a spell while I had eye surgery, moved to new (to us) digs w/o a mancave and deal with a blown out back at t3, t4, t5. At least my brother that lives within rock throwin' distance has a mancave I kin borrow for small things. Like an alkygazz mixer conversion.

Ray

Last edited by Ray Stankewitz; 04-29-2009 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: add missin' infermayshin
Ray Stankewitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #89
76 IH Scout II

Member Number: 1047
Thumbs up Re: New Members please check in here

Hey all new to the site and building IH's. I just baught a 76 IH Scout II the plan is to put 60s under it with 44 inch tires it will be strictly a trail/mud truck. I baught the truck for 400 dollars. Thanks to my friend that braught me to the site we are the ones building the truck I have had truck in the past but nothing like this. Anyone have any clue if there is a group for the wisconsin area if there is let me know thanks. I am trying to get my friend to join the site. But thanks in advance for all the help.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #90
cornbinder

Member Number: 839

Can anybody help with adding a avitar, I am having a hell of time trying to upload and to no avail?? Thanks
cornbinder is offline   Reply With Quote