Thread: Project Karma
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #110
Member Number: 2382
Default Re: Project Karma

This truck is not dead

finally gotten back to working on the rig. Got a new garage door installed that will allow me to get the truck in the garage. Built a new workbench at the new house.

When I had the truck towed up to the new place I noticed that steering fluid was leaking badly. I had already replaced the seals for the input shaft but didn't replace the output shaft seals at the same time. Lesson learned. Pulled the box today and tore the output shaft out. Need to get a bearing puller tomorrow to pull the seals and washers without ruining the bore. Overall the unit looks great inside. Pin bearings look great so I am going to leave them be and only do seals.

Also while I was neglecting the truck turns out my borgeson joints corroded pretty heavily. I thought they were stainless but I was wrong. Cleaned them up today and will coat them with some sort of metal protect.

Built a workbench over the holidays with some spare 8x2 that I tore down from the garage to get the new garage door on. Added some IH specialty items to make it legit.

Here's the new ad that my wife had framed for me. It came with a certificate of authenticity. I really like them. Second one she's gotten for me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Steering box output shaft seals old.jpeg (136.2 KB, 1041 views)
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (136.8 KB, 1027 views)
File Type: jpeg Workbench.jpeg (145.5 KB, 739 views)
File Type: jpg Scout Ad.jpg (34.7 KB, 721 views)
'72 Scout II, 304 (Sold) Want it back though 170 DXD if anybody sees it around the Bay Area

'79 Scout II, 345, Work in progress

Build Thread:

'72 Scout II, no engine/trans, new from Scooter
Tahoedonner is offline   Reply With Quote