View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #49
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Member Number: 543
Default Re: 1964 Travelall and 1967 Travelette All Wheel Drive's

Finished the rear brake lines and got the backing plates and small parts cleaned up... Wheel cylinders mounted and plumbed.

Then I decides to look at the carburation again. It always seems lean on the pilot jets. So I replaced the booster hose and removed the pcv valve (rebuildable type) and cleaned it.. Reinstalled it along with new hose to the valley pan. It's better, way better. But.......
I believe all IH 304's with the 2 barrel 2300 Holley's used timed vacuum advance that plumbed off of the metering block and not the manifold vacuum direct.???

The truck came with a list # 2977 2300 installed with the advance plumbed to the vacuum tree. I have been through it already and it is sound. The timed port on 2977 is not threaded or open. I think this one had been monkeyed with

the truck came with another used carb list 1710-3. The 1710-3 has the timed port threaded and it also had a fitting in it.. I rebuilt it today along with a new 6.5 power valve. Before I install it I want to for sure know which vacuum the truck should have.

Fyi both the 2977 and 1710-3 are speced for the ihc 266 and 304.

Nice listing below of Holley list numbers and applications..

Holley master list of list numbers

“Don't lift until the fear of death over comes the fear of speed.” Author Unknown
Robert Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote